EFFECTIVE HOME REMEDIES FOR CHOLERA
Cholera treatment is very essential because once you start seeing the symptoms epidemics claim many lives every year in underdeveloped and developing countries. It is an infection caused by the bacterium Vibrio cholerae that mostly affects the small intestine.
This infection can spread from contaminated water, raw fruits and vegetables, grains, raw or inadequately cooked fish and seafood, and contaminated faeces.
It is very common among children under age 5, but it can also affect people of other ages. Within a week of ingesting the bacteria, symptoms will start showing that can range from mild to severe.
Here are the home remedies for cholera.
Increase Fluid Intake
The first step in cholera treatment should be rehydration. Due to diarrhea, there is a high chance of becoming dehydrated and this can worsen your condition.
So, drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated. But not just any water, you need to drink bottled water or water purified with iodine or chlorine. To be on the safe side, boil your water before drinking it.
Along with water, you can also drink coconut water, buttermilk, herbal tea or orange juice throughout the day.
In Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric is often for treating diarrhea, one of the most common symptoms of cholera. This is a good cholera treatment.
- Soak 1 tablespoon of raw turmeric root pieces in lemon juice for 2 hours.
- Remove the turmeric pieces and dry them in the sun.
- Grind the dried pieces into a powder and store it in an air-tight container.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of this powder and a little honey to a cup of hot water.
- Drink it twice daily until you recover completely.
Note: Be sure not to take high doses of turmeric, which can make your diarrhea worse.
3. Probiotic Yogurt
Probiotic yogurt is also effective in cholera treatment. It contains healthy bacteria that promote digestion and help fight off the bacteria, thereby providing a good cholera treatment. Plus, probiotic yogurt is good for your immune system.
- Eat 2 to 3 cups of plain probiotic yogurt daily until you get relief. You can add some banana slices to it for added benefit.
- You can also make a tasty smoothie with yogurt and drink it several times a day for faster recovery.
Being a natural antibiotic, ginger helps fight infection and a good cholera treatment. It can also help get rid of diarrhea, stomach cramps and abdominal pain.
- Grate a small piece of ginger and mix it with 1 teaspoon of honey. Eat the mixture to improve your digestive process.
- Alternatively, you can make a ginger tea. Add thin slices of a small piece of ginger to 1 cup of water. Also add a few black peppers, holy basil leaves and mint leaves. Boil the water for a few minutes, strain and add some honey. Drink a few cups of this herbal tea daily until you see improvement.
Note: Avoid ginger if you are taking blood thinners.
Lemon is also helpful in cholera treatment due to its antibacterial property. It can help destroy the harmful bacteria in the intestines and digestive system that cause cholera. Plus, the vitamin C in lemon boosts the immune system to speed up recovery.
- Mix the juice of ½ lemon in a glass of water.
- Add a little honey and salt, and stir well.
- Drink it at regular intervals until you recover completely.
Note: Do not give honey to children under 1 year of age.
6. Zinc Supplements
It’s supplements are beneficial in reducing the duration and severity of this infection in children. Zinc has more than 200 human enzymes that help fight off the infection and boost the immune system. This is also a good cholera treatment.
- Include foods high in zinc like spinach, brown rice, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, lentils and garlic in your diet.
According to Ayurveda, onion is also effective for good cholera treatment.. Onion has antibacterial as well as antibiotic and antiseptic properties. Plus, it helps relieve symptoms like dry mouth, restlessness and thirst.
Was this helpful?
Stay Healthy And Never Give Up!
AKAM HEALTH CARE
Tel – 08145033314, 08166310677
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Facebook – @akamnaturecare, Instagram — @akam_nature_care